The TEMBO Guesthouse has many unique features that will ensure your stay is enjoyable. Included are:
- a solar system that ensures power is available 24 hours a day, including hot water for showers
- delicious meals prepared by a trained chef
- cold drinks, including soda, water, and beer
- four tiled bathrooms with showers and Western-style toilets
- rooms with private ensuites available
- eight (8) comfortably furnished rooms
- a large covered yard with a TV and DVD player
- a water harvesting system that captures rain water for our vegetable garden
- a small library containing a variety of books
- lounge and patio area for relaxing and watching the sunset
- daily laundry service
The guesthouse offers facilities for accommodation in its spacious furnished rooms and the inner lounge area for conferencing while enjoying the quite environment.
The guesthouse has an excellent trained chef who enjoys preparing different meals form various cultures and regions around the world. The guesthouse is an ideal location for all sorts of functions ranging from corporate retreats and team building programs, NGO planning sessions, district or regional government meetings, college community service activities, and as a getaway for tour company guests going to or from safari. Some examples might include:
Corporations can use this facility for holding annual general meetings, planning sessions and, at the same time, use Mt. Longido for its experiential team building.
College and Individual Groups
Colleges and individual groups can use this facility for adventure trips like mountaineering, excursions, “home away from home” trips, and team building sessions.
Since Longido is a developing district, many NGO’s are coming in to set up projects in the village and can use the guesthouse for accommodation and holding meetings. Its proximity to an internet café ensures that there is continuity in communication.
With its new status as a district, several government offices that will set up in the village and its surroundings can use the guesthouse for their meetings.
Tour Companies and Operators
Enroute between Arusha and Nairobi, the guesthouse can be used by visitors and tour operators as a stop over point for visitors. Cold drinks can be purchased. Travellers may purchase gifts and artefacts at the guesthouse duka. This small shop is stocked with hand made products by the women’s groups of Longido and Kimokouwa through the Micro-Business programme run by TEMBO Trust.